Born Dublin, Ireland, 1960.
Solicitor, member of the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland since 1985 and of the Law Society of England and Wales since 1992.
Practising member of the Bilbao-Vizcaya Bar since 1994.
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Doctor in Public International Law, PhD, International Relations and History of Law, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2016.
B.A. (Moderatorship) in Legal Science, Trinity College Dublin, 1982.
Diploma in European Law, University College Dublin, 1984.
M.A., Trinity College Dublin, 1991.
Diploma in Advanced Studies in Public International Law, International Relations and History of Law, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2000.
Areas of practice
International commercial contracts in general, and in particular aerospace industry agreements, shipbuilding finance, distribution and agency agreements, EC law and arbitration.
Legal advisor to various international trade associations.
Member of various commercial arbitration tribunals and business mediation centres.
Consul in the Irish Consulate in Bilbao.
Committee member, British Spanish Law Association, London, and British Chamber of Commerce Association, Bilbao.
Part-time lecturer in EC law at the University of Deusto, Bilbao, and in commercial contract law at the Escuela Universitaria de la Cámara de Comercio de Bilbao as well as in courses organised by the Bilbao and Alava Chambers of Commerce.
English, Spanish, Italian and French.
Lectures and Conferences
Lecturer on International Commercial Contracts in courses organised by the following institutions:
- Business Studies School of the University of the Basque Country (Master of Foreign Trade)
- University School of the Bilbao Chamber of Commerce (Marketing and Foreign Trade)
- Chambers of commerce of Bilbao, Guipúzcoa, Alava and Miranda de Ebro (courses and Masters courses in foreign trade)
- Chamber of Commerce of San Salvador (AFIS programme, run by the General Council of Spanish Chambers of Commerce)
Lecturer in European Union Law on the following courses:
- Deusto University, Bilbao, (degree in Business Studies).
- European Management Programme - MBA, Deusto University, Bilbao.
- Deusto University, Bilbao, Masters Course in Property and Planning Law.
- Law School of the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland (tutor in conveyancing).
- Bilbao-Vizcaya and Guipuzcoa Bars, courses on Common Law .